Technology Award 2015: GM OnStar
GM's OnStar service wins the Auto Express 2015 Technology Award
This year we’ve renamed our Safety Award the Technology Award, because while our winner is still an excellent safety feature, there’s much more to it than that.
Vauxhall’s OnStar service provides owners with a 24/7 personal assistant to help them out, whether they need roadside assistance, a status report on their vehicle or even tourist information. Even better is the fact that the service connects owners directly to a representative in a call centre, not an automated system, making it very user-friendly.
OnStar is a subscription service that’s being introduced to the range this year, with the first 12 months available for free on any new Vauxhall.
Owners will be able to use the service either in-car, via a smartphone app or even by calling from a landline. Cars featuring OnStar will also have a 4G Wifi hotspot to keep you and your passengers connected.
It’s a hi-tech revolution that promises to make owning a Vauxhall an even greater experience for thousands of drivers across the UK.
Auto Express New Car Awards 2015
For complete, in-depth coverage of the New Car Awards 2015, buy your collector's edition copy of the Auto Express magazine now...
- 1IntroductionThe winners of the 2015 Auto Express New Car Awards have been announced
- 2Car of the Year 201512 years since the first generation model took the crown, the new Volvo XC90 is the 2015 Auto Express Car of the Year
- 3City car of the year 2015The Skoda Citigo is the 2015 Auto Express City Car of the Year, with the Hyundai i10 and Renault Twingo commended
- 4Supermini of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Polo is the 2015 Auto Express Supermini of the Year, with the Mazda 2 and Skoda Fabia commended
- 5Premium small Car of the Year 2015The Mini Cooper is the 2015 Auto Express Premium Small Car of the Year, with the Audi A1 and Citroen DS3 commended
- 6Compact family Car of the Year 2015The SEAT Leon is the 2015 Auto Express Compact Family Car of the Year, with the MINI 5dr and Skoda Octavia commended
- 7Family Car of the Year 2015The Skoda Superb is the 2015 Auto Express Family Car of the Year, with the Mazda 6 and Volkswagen Passat commended
- 8Estate Car of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Passat Estate is the 2015 Auto Express Estate Car of the Year, with the SEAT Leon ST and Skoda Octavia Estate commended
- 9MPV of the Year 2015The Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is the 2015 Auto Express MPV of the Year, with the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and SEAT Alhambra commended
- 10Crossover of the Year 2015The Nissan Qashqai is the 2015 Auto Express Crossover of the Year, with the Citroen C4 Cactus and Mazda CX-3 commended