Driver Power Award 2015: Lexus
Lexus has long been a force to be reckoned with in our Driver Power survey. This year the brand scoops the Driver Power Award
Lexus was the only manufacturer to score more than 90 per cent overall as rated by more than 60,000 Auto Express readers in the UK’s largest owner satisfaction survey. The Lexus IS was the undoubted star of the show as the compact exec won best model and knocked serial winner, the Skoda Yeti off the top.
But to win this award, it’s not enough to just produce one great car that owners love and Lexus’ rise from fourth to first was down to drivers rating its entire range highly.
The NX debuted in sixth and was ranked best in the top 200 for build quality while two generations of the GS and the RX were all rated inside the top 20. All this meant Lexus scored highest for seat comfort, in-car tech, build quality and reliability while it was second in ride quality and ease of driving.
In fact, quite remarkably, Lexus only ranked outside the top 10 in one category in our Driver Power survey. With results like these it’s easy to see why Lexus has to be named the winner of our Driver Power award.
The big question is, can Lexus continue to dominant next year? Right now, it seems hard to argue.
Auto Express New Car Awards 2015
For complete, in-depth coverage of the New Car Awards 2015, buy your collector's edition copy of the Auto Express magazine now...
- 1IntroductionThe winners of the 2015 Auto Express New Car Awards have been announced
- 2Car of the Year 201512 years since the first generation model took the crown, the new Volvo XC90 is the 2015 Auto Express Car of the Year
- 3City car of the year 2015The Skoda Citigo is the 2015 Auto Express City Car of the Year, with the Hyundai i10 and Renault Twingo commended
- 4Supermini of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Polo is the 2015 Auto Express Supermini of the Year, with the Mazda 2 and Skoda Fabia commended
- 5Premium small Car of the Year 2015The Mini Cooper is the 2015 Auto Express Premium Small Car of the Year, with the Audi A1 and Citroen DS3 commended
- 6Compact family Car of the Year 2015The SEAT Leon is the 2015 Auto Express Compact Family Car of the Year, with the MINI 5dr and Skoda Octavia commended
- 7Family Car of the Year 2015The Skoda Superb is the 2015 Auto Express Family Car of the Year, with the Mazda 6 and Volkswagen Passat commended
- 8Estate Car of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Passat Estate is the 2015 Auto Express Estate Car of the Year, with the SEAT Leon ST and Skoda Octavia Estate commended
- 9MPV of the Year 2015The Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is the 2015 Auto Express MPV of the Year, with the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and SEAT Alhambra commended
- 10Crossover of the Year 2015The Nissan Qashqai is the 2015 Auto Express Crossover of the Year, with the Citroen C4 Cactus and Mazda CX-3 commended