Readers' Design Award 2015: Jaguar XF
We asked you what your favourite car design is for 2015, and the new Jaguar XF has taken the crown
While the new Jaguar XE is taking on allcomers in the compact executive class, it’s clear from Auto Express readers that the next-generation XF is another Jag they’re really waiting for, as the sleek executive saloon has picked up the coveted Design Award for 2015.
It hits dealers later this year, but it appears the public is already keen on its sharp design. While the original car was thoroughly modern when compared to the retro-inspired S-Type that preceded it, the new XF takes the basic template and brings it bang up to date.
Penned by Ian Callum, the model features styling cues that are pure Jaguar. The large grille and small headlights are influenced by the XJ and XE, while the manufacturer’s new signature J-shaped LED daytime running lights make an appearance in those headlamp clusters. The front wings feature air vents behind the wheels, and the bulging bonnet and small glass area are evolutions of the original XF that give the newcomer a sporty look.
Further back, the rakish rear screen and long tail mean the XF looks like no other executive saloon, plus new tail-lights and less chrome trim give the back end a more modern look.
We’ll have to wait until the end of the summer to find out how the new XF drives. However, if it’s half as good as it looks, then it will definitely be a front-runner in the executive car class. And who knows – a contender for Auto Express Car of the Year 2016…?
Auto Express New Car Awards 2015
For complete, in-depth coverage of the New Car Awards 2015, buy your collector's edition copy of the Auto Express magazine now...
in association with
- 1IntroductionThe winners of the 2015 Auto Express New Car Awards have been announced
- 2Car of the Year 201512 years since the first generation model took the crown, the new Volvo XC90 is the 2015 Auto Express Car of the Year
- 3City car of the year 2015The Skoda Citigo is the 2015 Auto Express City Car of the Year, with the Hyundai i10 and Renault Twingo commended
- 4Supermini of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Polo is the 2015 Auto Express Supermini of the Year, with the Mazda 2 and Skoda Fabia commended
- 5Premium small Car of the Year 2015The Mini Cooper is the 2015 Auto Express Premium Small Car of the Year, with the Audi A1 and Citroen DS3 commended
- 6Compact family Car of the Year 2015The SEAT Leon is the 2015 Auto Express Compact Family Car of the Year, with the MINI 5dr and Skoda Octavia commended
- 7Family Car of the Year 2015The Skoda Superb is the 2015 Auto Express Family Car of the Year, with the Mazda 6 and Volkswagen Passat commended
- 8Estate Car of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Passat Estate is the 2015 Auto Express Estate Car of the Year, with the SEAT Leon ST and Skoda Octavia Estate commended
- 9MPV of the Year 2015The Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is the 2015 Auto Express MPV of the Year, with the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and SEAT Alhambra commended
- 10Crossover of the Year 2015The Nissan Qashqai is the 2015 Auto Express Crossover of the Year, with the Citroen C4 Cactus and Mazda CX-3 commended
- 11Compact SUV of the Year 2015The Land Rover Discovery Sport is the 2015 Auto Express Compact SUV of the Year, with the Dacia Duster and Porsche Macan commended
- 12Large SUV of the Year 2015The Volvo XC90 is the 2015 Auto Express Large SUV of the Year, with the Kia Sorento and Range Rover Sport commended
- 13Pick-Up Truck of the Year 2015The Mitsubishi L200 is the 2015 Auto Express Pick-Up Truck of the Year, with the Ford Ranger and Volkswagen Amarok commended
- 14Hot Hatch of the Year 2015The SEAT Leon Cupra is the 2015 Auto Express Hot Hatch of the Year, with the Fiesta ST and Volkswagen Golf GTI commended
- 15Convertible of the Year 2015The Audi A3 Cabriolet is the 2015 Auto Express Convertible of the Year, with the BMW 4 Series and Porsche 911 Convertible commended