Car Advertising Campaign of the Year 2015: Honda Civic Type R 'The Other Side'
Honda is known for its inventive and captivating adverts, and the latest Civic Type R is no different
The novel online ad is called ‘The Other Side’ and was created by the Wieden + Kennedy London Agency, directed by Daniel Wolfe. It highlights the differences in character between the normal Civic and the Type R, plus the transformative effect of hitting the R button on the latter’s dash.
Essentially it tells the story of a man who uses a standard Civic and the racy Type R to lead a thrilling double life. By day, he is a sensible family man ferrying children around, while by night he’s a crime-fighting undercover cop screeching around in a high-powered hot hatch.
You can watch both ads back-to-back, but press and hold the ‘r’ button on your keyboard and you can flick instantly between the two stories as they run in parallel. A brilliant idea, perfectly executed.
Auto Express New Car Awards 2015
For complete, in-depth coverage of the New Car Awards 2015, buy your collector's edition copy of the Auto Express magazine now...
- 1IntroductionThe winners of the 2015 Auto Express New Car Awards have been announced
- 2Car of the Year 201512 years since the first generation model took the crown, the new Volvo XC90 is the 2015 Auto Express Car of the Year
- 3City car of the year 2015The Skoda Citigo is the 2015 Auto Express City Car of the Year, with the Hyundai i10 and Renault Twingo commended
- 4Supermini of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Polo is the 2015 Auto Express Supermini of the Year, with the Mazda 2 and Skoda Fabia commended
- 5Premium small Car of the Year 2015The Mini Cooper is the 2015 Auto Express Premium Small Car of the Year, with the Audi A1 and Citroen DS3 commended
- 6Compact family Car of the Year 2015The SEAT Leon is the 2015 Auto Express Compact Family Car of the Year, with the MINI 5dr and Skoda Octavia commended
- 7Family Car of the Year 2015The Skoda Superb is the 2015 Auto Express Family Car of the Year, with the Mazda 6 and Volkswagen Passat commended
- 8Estate Car of the Year 2015The Volkswagen Passat Estate is the 2015 Auto Express Estate Car of the Year, with the SEAT Leon ST and Skoda Octavia Estate commended
- 9MPV of the Year 2015The Citroen Grand C4 Picasso is the 2015 Auto Express MPV of the Year, with the BMW 2 Series Active Tourer and SEAT Alhambra commended
- 10Crossover of the Year 2015The Nissan Qashqai is the 2015 Auto Express Crossover of the Year, with the Citroen C4 Cactus and Mazda CX-3 commended