Jaguar I-Pace - best luxury cars
The Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
The Jaguar I-Pace is currently the first in what is set to become a very competitive market for luxury electric SUV’s. Mercedes, Audi and BMW are all set to join with their own representation in the next few years but for now the Jaguar has the market to itself.
What about the Tesla Model X you ask? It is certainly an electric SUV but it cannot compare to the I-Pace in terms of luxurious feel. The cabin of the Tesla suffers too much from both poor material and build quality.
Inside the I-Pace, the occupants are surrounded in a sea of leather, polished wood finishes and aluminium while the huge panoramic glass roof, thin A-pillars and large windows create a very airy cabin. Jag’s new Touch Pro Duo infotainment system (comprising a 10-inch touchscreen on the dash and small five-inch display on the centre console) is standard on the I-Pace. While it looks slick it is marred slightly by being confusing to use when attempting to adjust the cars settings.
However the I-Pace excels in its brief of bringing electric vehicles to the mass market and has won our 2018 Car of the Year award to prove it.
Top 10 best luxury cars
- 1IntroductionRelax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassMercedes’ technology-crammed flagship is one of the most advanced motorcars you can buy and luxury comes as standard
- 32. Bentley Continental GTThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 43. Range RoverThe mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
- 54. Rolls-Royce PhantomThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 65. Porsche PanameraIs it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
- 76. BMW 7 SeriesBMW’s 7 Series is the driver’s choice in the luxury saloon segment
- 87. Audi A8The powerful and economical Audi A8 is a discreet alternative to the Mercedes S-Class
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
- 109. Jaguar I-Pace - currently readingThe Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
- 1110. Lexus LSThe big hybrid Lexus LS might not quite have the class of rivals but it’s utterly relaxing to drive