Porsche Panamera - best luxury cars
Is it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
Like the Porsche 911, the Panamera is a masterclass in evolution ahead of revolution when it comes to its development. While it hasn't been around anywhere near as long, it's clear that the Mk2, launched in 2016, is a logical progression from its predecessor.
Thankfully, that means it looks more appealing than the original. The lines have been smoothed out, yet the 911 styling cues remain, while the driving experience has been enhanced to boost its range of ability.
It's just as driver-focused as before, so it's a pleasure to drive quickly, and it has performance by the bucketload, but the air-suspension can be switched to comfort mode at the press of a button to keep back-seat occupants comfortable and unruffled.
As before, there are standard and S models, rear and four-wheel drive is available, plus E-Hybrid, Diesel, Turbo and Turbo S models to choose from.
Top 10 best luxury cars
- 1IntroductionRelax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassMercedes’ technology-crammed flagship is one of the most advanced motorcars you can buy and luxury comes as standard
- 32. Bentley Continental GTThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 43. Range RoverThe mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
- 54. Rolls-Royce PhantomThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 65. Porsche Panamera - currently readingIs it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
- 76. BMW 7 SeriesBMW’s 7 Series is the driver’s choice in the luxury saloon segment
- 87. Audi A8The powerful and economical Audi A8 is a discreet alternative to the Mercedes S-Class
- 98. Bentley BentaygaThe Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
- 109. Jaguar I-PaceThe Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
- 1110. Lexus LSThe big hybrid Lexus LS might not quite have the class of rivals but it’s utterly relaxing to drive