Best sports car
Our survey finds out which sports cars give you the biggest thrills
Out-and-out driving thrills are on the menu in the sports-car class, which places handling and performance ahead of some of the more sensible aspects of car ownership, like practicality and ease of driving.
Winner: Volkswagen Scirocco As you’d expect from a car in this class, the Scirocco scored an impressive fifth-place finish in the handling category and was ninth for performance, which helped put it above the only other sports car in this year’s survey – the Audi TT. Practicality certainly isn’t a strong point, with the Scirocco scoring its lowest finish in that category, but it scored surprisingly well in the ease of driving section.
Last place: Audi TT The Audi TT finishes last in a class of two, but there’s really nothing wrong with that. Its handling and performance were rated highly, but drivers felt it could be a little easier to drive. That’s partly down to restricted visibility that makes parking and changing lanes difficult. Practicality is another area where the TT performed poorly.
See the results…
- 1IntroductionWhich city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
- 2Best superminiWhich models offer the benefits of a small car, with the reassurance and solidity of something a bit bigger?
- 3Best compact family carWhich compact family cars give the best combination of style and practicality?
- 4Best family carValue, practicality and reliability are essential values in the family car sector
- 5Best compact executive carQuality, durability and prestige are what buyers look for, and you’ve told us who does it best
- 6Best executive carWhich executive cars manage the tricky combination of prestige, comfort and dynamics?
- 7Best sports car - currently readingOur survey finds out which sports cars give you the biggest thrills
- 8Best MPVWhich cars carry the family and all their clobber from A to B most effectively?
- 9Best SUVWhich off-roader has the best mix of style and substance?