Which models offer the benefits of a small car, with the reassurance and solidity of something a bit bigger?
More and more people are making the switch to smaller cars these days, and superminis are enjoying a sales boom as a result. These models offer minuscule running costs but limited practicality and comfort. We reveal the best of the bunch below.
Winner: Nissan Juke The Nissan Juke takes the crown in the supermini class thanks to consistent good performances throughout all the categories in the survey. In fact, the Juke’s worst finish was 53rd place for running costs. Those positive results were enough to see it take victory ahead of models like the Honda Jazz and Toyota iQ.
Last place: Peugeot 206 Peugeot 206 owners had plenty to say about their cars, but unfortunately most of it was negative. Poor performances in the handling, performance, braking and ease of driving categories reveal that owners are unhappy with the way the car drives. It didn’t fare much better in the build quality or reliability stakes, either, but scored its best result of 76th place in the running costs category.
See the results…
- 1IntroductionWhich city car is the best? Which SUV should you avoid? Find out in our rundown of the best and worst cars in each class
- 2Best supermini - currently readingWhich models offer the benefits of a small car, with the reassurance and solidity of something a bit bigger?
- 3Best compact family carWhich compact family cars give the best combination of style and practicality?
- 4Best family carValue, practicality and reliability are essential values in the family car sector
- 5Best compact executive carQuality, durability and prestige are what buyers look for, and you’ve told us who does it best
- 6Best executive carWhich executive cars manage the tricky combination of prestige, comfort and dynamics?
- 7Best sports carOur survey finds out which sports cars give you the biggest thrills
- 8Best MPVWhich cars carry the family and all their clobber from A to B most effectively?
- 9Best SUVWhich off-roader has the best mix of style and substance?