Citroen C3 - best superminis
Funky looking Citroen C3 supermini has plenty of space and low running costs
Prices: £12,150-£17,540Engines: 1.2 petrol (67, 81, 108bhp); 1.5 dieselTrims: Touch, Feel, Flair, Feel Nav Edition, Flair Nav Edition, OriginsEconomy: 39.1-67mpgCO2: 90-120g/km0-62mph: 9.4-14.7 secs
The Citroen C3 follows a similar recipe to the C4 Cactus, offering SUV-like styling and a focus on comfort and practicality. There’s lots of scope for personalisation, too, so it’s a good choice for those wanting to stand out.
Power comes from a selection of small petrol or diesel engines, each offering a great trade-off between economy and keen performance. The more potent turbo petrols and diesels are fine all-rounders; our pick is the eager-yet-frugal 1.2 PureTech 110 petrol.
The C3 is the perfect tonic to the sportier options on this list; it’s designed to be easy to drive and comfortable instead of thrilling. Squishy seats, compliant suspension and plenty of space make the car pleasing to own. Elsewhere, build quality is great and there’s a decent-sized boot.
Best superminis to buy now
- 1IntroductionIt's a hard-fought class, but these are the 10 best superminis on sale right now
- 21. Ford FiestaThe latest Ford Fiesta picks up where the old car left off, but is improved in every area
- 32. SEAT IbizaThe latest SEAT Ibiza uses the VW Group's cutting-edge tech to boost its appeal
- 43. MINI 5-doorThe MINI remains as popular as ever and is one of the best superminis on sale
- 54. Skoda FabiaYou can save some cash by going for the Skoda Fabia over the VW Polo, but you won't lose much else
- 65. Citroen C3 - currently readingFunky looking Citroen C3 supermini has plenty of space and low running costs
- 76. Volkswagen PoloIt's not the best looking supermini, but its breadth of talents helps the Volkswagen Polo stand out
- 87. Dacia SanderoThe no-frills Dacia Sandero is cheap, but it gets the basics right
- 98. Kia RioThe Kia Rio boasts plenty of kit and the Korean brand's impressive seven-year warranty
- 109. Mazda 2Want the handling of a sports car in a supermini? Look no further than the Mazda 2
- 1110. Toyota YarisThe Toyota Yaris is a popular supermini choice thanks to its hybrid powertrain