Ford Fiesta review - Reliability and safety
New hi-tech kit means the Ford Fiesta scores well for safety
Our annual Driver Power customer satisfaction survey is the biggest of its type in the UK, and gives us an accurate picture of how much owners like their cars. The new Ford Fiesta ranked 71st out of 75 cars in the 2020 customer poll, with the Ford brand as a whole also performing poorly. Aside from strong scores for its SYNC infotainment system, there was criticism for exterior styling, build quality and interior comfort.
The Fiesta has been awarded the full five stars from Euro NCAP, scoring 87% for adult occupant safety and 84% for child occupant protection. New hi-tech safety gear such as cross traffic alert and adaptive cruise control, plus autonomous braking helped it score well in the crash tests.
As with all Ford cars in Britain, the Fiesta has a three-year or 60,000-mile warranty as standard. It covers anything the goes wrong with the car mechanically - and you get coverage for corrosion and paint defects as well.
Servicing your Fiesta is pretty straightforward - it’s once a year and you can pay around £550 for maintenance over the first three years from Ford. There are dealers all over Britain and lots of experienced mechanics too, so finding somewhere nearby to do it won’t ever be a problem. Finding parts will be similarly easy as the Fiesta is the biggest-selling car in the UK.
In this review
- 1Ford Fiesta reviewBritain's best-selling car goes from strength-to-strength with the latest version
- 2Engines, performance and driveGreat engines and fun handling mean the Fiesta is still fantastic to drive
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsEfficient petrol engines and mild hybrid technology mean the Ford Fiesta is really cheap to run
- 4Interior, design and technologyNot a class leader for interior quality, but the Ford Fiesta is competitive again
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe Fiesta is bigger on the inside without feeling much bigger on the outside, so it’s more practical than before
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingNew hi-tech kit means the Ford Fiesta scores well for safety