Ford Mustang Mach-E review - Reliability and safety
Customers will be reassured by the Mustang Mach-E’s superb levels of standard safety equipment
Although the Mustang Mach-E is yet to be crash tested by EuroNCAP, we would expect a fresh, ground-up design from Ford to claim a top score. Certainly, standard safety kit is reassuringly extensive with a host of active on-board features.
All cars include systems such as a Forward Collision Warning, Dynamic Brake Support, Automated Emergency Braking, a Lane Keeping Aid and a Lane Departure Warning, a Distance Alert, Evasive Steer Assist and a blind spot warning (BLIS) with Cross Traffic Alert.
The Mustang Mach-E is too new to record a placing in our Driver Power customer satisfaction survey, while Ford finished a disappointing 24th out of 30 manufacturers in the best brands poll. With additions to the blue oval range in the shape of the all-new Puma, revised Kuga and now the Mach-E, along with the hugely popular Fiesta and capable Focus hatchbacks, Ford will be seeking improvement in the forthcoming survey.
The Mustang Mach-E comes with Ford’s standard three-year/60,000-mile warranty, although there is an option for customers to extend this cover to either five years/100,000 miles or eight years/100,000 miles. The Mach-E’s battery is protected by a separate eight-year/100,000 mile warranty.
Ford advises customers to contact their approved dealer for information on servicing intervals for the Mustang Mach-E. The manufacturer does offer the Ford Protect Service Plan Plus which allows customers to spread the cost of scheduled maintenance. Taking out a service plan means you also benefit from extended roadside assistance (usually one year’s cover), ‘rescue charging’ and technical help, should you require it, for your home wallbox charger.
In this review
- 1VerdictIf you’re after a stylish, practical and refined all-electric family SUV, then the Ford Mustang Mach-E is worth serious consideration
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe Mustang Mach-E may not be the fastest in a straight line, but offers sharper steering and better body control than some rivals
- 3MPG, CO2 and running costsWith a practical range and fast-charging capability, the Mustang Mach-E is primed to fit seamlessly into family life
- 4Interior, design and technologyFord has created an all-electric family SUV with plenty of style, tech and impressive levels of standard kit
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe Mustang Mach-E’s cabin delivers all the family space you could want, although the boot isn’t the biggest
- 6Reliability and safety - currently readingCustomers will be reassured by the Mustang Mach-E’s superb levels of standard safety equipment