Social Media Campaign of the Year 2018: Jeep
Jeep's 'Set your own course' has won the 2018 Social Media Campaign of the Year
Jeep’s ‘Set your own course’ campaign was a smart connection to the Compass SUV it was focused on. SHARE Creative, on behalf of Jeep UK, undertook a social listening and cluster analysis project to identify how Brits discussed the concept of ‘change’.
It developed a series of entertaining, emotionally driven content focused on inspiring people who’ve shifted careers or made other changes to better their lives – setting their own course.
The stories were based around the SUV’s core values of tech, capability, design and refinement. Short videos on Facebook were used to drive users to jeep.co.uk, and were designed to engage them to find out more about the Compass.
The campaign reached more than 406,000 users, generated 17,500 link clicks and almost 80,000 video views. Impressively, the campaign’s click through rate – the proportion of visitors who follow a link – was 3.51 per cent up on the industry average. Jeep’s share of voice rose hugely, too.
In January, users visited the campaign page over 16,000 times, and 1,500 users clicked through to other parts of the Jeep website.
Our judges felt the campaign was clever and well judged, with a smart approach. The focus on delivering results also impressed.
Auto Express New Car Awards 2018
For complete, in-depth coverage of the 2018 New Car Awards, buy your collector's edition copy of the Auto Express magazine now or click here to subscribe...
- 1IntroductionWhat are the best new cars to buy in the UK today? The 2018 New Car Awards have the answer...
- 2Car of the YearThe Auto Express Car of the Year for 2018 is the all-electric Jaguar I-Pace
- 3City Car of the YearThe Volkswagen up! is the 2018 Auto Express City Car of the Year, with the Kia Picanto and Skoda Citigo commended
- 4Supermini of the YearThe Ford Fiesta is the 2018 Auto Express Supermini of the Year, with the MINI 5-door and SEAT Ibiza commended
- 5Convertible of the YearThe MINI Convertible is the 2018 Auto Express Convertible of the Year, with the Audi A3 Cabriolet and Mercedes E-Class Cabriolet commended
- 6Compact Family Car of the YearThe Volkswagen Golf is the 2018 Auto Express Compact Family Car of the Year, with the Mercedes A-Class and Skoda Octavia commended
- 7Family Car of the YearThe Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport is the 2018 Auto Express Family Car of the Year, with the Skoda Superb and Toyota Prius commended
- 8Compact Executive Car of the YearThe Mercedes C-Class is the 2018 Auto Express Compact Executive Car of the Year, with the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Jaguar XE commended
- 9Executive Car of the YearThe BMW 5 Series is the 2018 Auto Express Executive Car of the Year, with the Mercedes E-Class and Volvo S90 commended
- 10Estate Car of the YearThe Skoda Octavia Estate is the 2018 Auto Express Estate Car of the Year, with the BMW 5 Series Touring and Volvo V60 commended
- 11Small SUV of the YearThe Citroen C3 Aircross is the 2018 Auto Express Small SUV of the Year, with the SEAT Arona and Volkswagen T-Roc commended
- 12Mid-size SUV of the YearSkoda is on a roll, and the Karoq is proof that the Czech brand knows exactly what it’s doing in the field of family SUVs.
- 13Large SUV of the YearThe Skoda Kodiaq is the 2018 Auto Express Large SUV of the Year, with the Peugeot 5008 and SsangYong Rexton commended
- 14Small Premium SUV of the YearThe Volvo XC40 is the 2018 Auto Express Small Premium SUV of the Year, with the BMW X1 and MINI Countryman commended
- 15Mid-size Premium SUV of the YearThe BMW X3 is the 2018 Auto Express Premium Mid-size SUV of the Year, with the Jaguar F-Pace and Volvo XC60 commended