Driver Power Award 2018: Lexus
Lexus has scooped the 2018 Driver Power Award after taking the customer satisfaction survey by storm once again
Driver Power offers owners a unique opportunity to tell other potential buyers all about their car. Our annual satisfaction survey leaves no stone unturned, giving drivers nine categories and a total of 31 areas to rate their vehicles in. For a manufacturer to be crowned the Driver Power champion, it can’t afford any slip-ups, and this year the competition was extremely tough. But the brand that came out on top of all others was Lexus.
For the second year running, the Japanese company takes the top spot thanks to some excellent scores across the board. You told us cars like the NX, RX and IS have the best interiors, with owners praising their quality and design. This is particularly impressive when you consider that Lexus beat the likes of Audi, BMW and Mercedes, all of which are known for their interior quality. The brand also topped the Driver Power safety category, thanks to the many advanced safety systems included on its cars.
With its expertise in hybrid powertrains, it’s no surprise to see Lexus score extremely well in the engine and gearbox category. Owners rated their cars highly for quietness and refinement, ranking them above many key German rivals. The brand also grabbed podium places in the ride and handling chart, as well as for practicality.
But most impressive of all is Lexus’s first place for reliability and build quality. This is one of the most important categories in Driver Power, with new car owners rightly critical if things go wrong. Yet the brand’s vehicles were voted the most dependable in our poll.
Put simply, Lexus owners find very little to fault, and the brand was highly rated in every area of Driver Power.
Auto Express New Car Awards 2018
For complete, in-depth coverage of the 2018 New Car Awards, buy your collector's edition copy of the Auto Express magazine now or click here to subscribe...
- 1IntroductionWhat are the best new cars to buy in the UK today? The 2018 New Car Awards have the answer...
- 2Car of the YearThe Auto Express Car of the Year for 2018 is the all-electric Jaguar I-Pace
- 3City Car of the YearThe Volkswagen up! is the 2018 Auto Express City Car of the Year, with the Kia Picanto and Skoda Citigo commended
- 4Supermini of the YearThe Ford Fiesta is the 2018 Auto Express Supermini of the Year, with the MINI 5-door and SEAT Ibiza commended
- 5Convertible of the YearThe MINI Convertible is the 2018 Auto Express Convertible of the Year, with the Audi A3 Cabriolet and Mercedes E-Class Cabriolet commended
- 6Compact Family Car of the YearThe Volkswagen Golf is the 2018 Auto Express Compact Family Car of the Year, with the Mercedes A-Class and Skoda Octavia commended
- 7Family Car of the YearThe Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport is the 2018 Auto Express Family Car of the Year, with the Skoda Superb and Toyota Prius commended
- 8Compact Executive Car of the YearThe Mercedes C-Class is the 2018 Auto Express Compact Executive Car of the Year, with the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Jaguar XE commended
- 9Executive Car of the YearThe BMW 5 Series is the 2018 Auto Express Executive Car of the Year, with the Mercedes E-Class and Volvo S90 commended
- 10Estate Car of the YearThe Skoda Octavia Estate is the 2018 Auto Express Estate Car of the Year, with the BMW 5 Series Touring and Volvo V60 commended
- 11Small SUV of the YearThe Citroen C3 Aircross is the 2018 Auto Express Small SUV of the Year, with the SEAT Arona and Volkswagen T-Roc commended
- 12Mid-size SUV of the YearSkoda is on a roll, and the Karoq is proof that the Czech brand knows exactly what it’s doing in the field of family SUVs.
- 13Large SUV of the YearThe Skoda Kodiaq is the 2018 Auto Express Large SUV of the Year, with the Peugeot 5008 and SsangYong Rexton commended
- 14Small Premium SUV of the YearThe Volvo XC40 is the 2018 Auto Express Small Premium SUV of the Year, with the BMW X1 and MINI Countryman commended
- 15Mid-size Premium SUV of the YearThe BMW X3 is the 2018 Auto Express Premium Mid-size SUV of the Year, with the Jaguar F-Pace and Volvo XC60 commended