Alfa Romeo Stelvio review - Interior, design and technology
The interior design is attractive and quality is a step up for Alfa, including improved infotainment and autonomous tech
Mildly revamped, Alfa has introduced a range of welcome improvements to the Stelvio's interior. New TFT instruments, an up-to-date touchscreen infotainment system, along with a leather-lined gear lever and more expensively trimmed centre console, all contribute to a much more premium feel.
The Stelvio also contains a lot more autonomous technology than before. All models gain speed-sensing cruise control, active brake assist and one of the most advanced lane-sensing systems available on any car in its class. In short, the Stelvio is now right up there on the technology it contains.
Depending upon the model and option packs you go for, the interior can be made even smarter and more charming with real metal and wood inlays – the sweep of wood across the centre of the dash is a particular highlight. There’s also a huge choice of optional leather seat upholstery– from traditional black to sporty red and stylish tan.
Sat-nav, stereo and infotainment
Every Stelvio - even the base model - comes with an 8.8-inch central screen, and all versions are now equipped with sat-nav. The generous standard kit continues with a DAB radio, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, Bluetooth and an eight-speaker audio system.
In this review
- 1Alfa Romeo Stelvio reviewThe Alfa Romeo Stelvio is the company's first SUV, and it's a good one
- 2Engines, performance and driveDespite the increased ride height, the Stelvio drives almost as sweetly as the Giulia. The sharp handling does affect ride comfort a bit, though.
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsThanks to its light weight and efficient engines, the Stelvio is right up there with the best for economy and emissions
- 4Interior, design and technology - currently readingThe interior design is attractive and quality is a step up for Alfa, including improved infotainment and autonomous tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceStelvio offers a comfortable interior. There’s decent space inside which matches rather than betters rivals
- 6Reliability and SafetyStrong crash-test results, with positive customer feedback on brand performance