Bentley Bentayga – best luxury cars
The Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
The Bentayga may be criticised for driving a bit like a top-spec Audi Q7, but it is still an incredibly well polished car that puts in a strong claim to be the most luxurious SUV on the market. The British marque went big with its first attempt at an SUV with the First Edition models released at launch costing £230,675.
While the Bentayga is hand-built, the body-in-white is actually manufactured in Slovakia. After this it is sent as an aluminium shell to the exotic land of Crewe where it undergoes its final assembly.
To ensure that the Bentayga is up to standard when behind the wheel, it is based on the same MLB architecture in which the Q7 and Porsche Cayenne are built upon. Should you wish to take advantage of Bentley’s most potent powertrain for the SUV, you can opt for a 6.0-litre W12 that pumps out 600bhp and 900Nm of torque.
Top 10 best luxury cars
- 1IntroductionRelax in total comfort with our top 10 best luxury cars to buy list - providing your wallet can afford those premium prices
- 21. Mercedes S-ClassMercedes’ technology-crammed flagship is one of the most advanced motorcars you can buy and luxury comes as standard
- 32. Bentley Continental GTThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 43. Range RoverThe mighty Range Rover was designed as an off-roader but it’s evolved into a luxury SUV of rare quality
- 54. Rolls-Royce PhantomThe definition of a 'grand tourer', the Continental GT is the very best that Bentley has to offer
- 65. Porsche PanameraIs it a luxury car? The Porsche Panamera is certainly luxurious but it has the soul of the sports car
- 76. BMW 7 SeriesBMW’s 7 Series is the driver’s choice in the luxury saloon segment
- 87. Audi A8The powerful and economical Audi A8 is a discreet alternative to the Mercedes S-Class
- 98. Bentley Bentayga - currently readingThe Bentley Bentayga comes with mighty performance and a glamorous image, ideal for drivers looking for a luxury SUV
- 109. Jaguar I-PaceThe Jaguar I-Pace is packed with clever technology and an luxurious interior which makes it quite possibly the best electric car on sale
- 1110. Lexus LSThe big hybrid Lexus LS might not quite have the class of rivals but it’s utterly relaxing to drive