Find out about the kit that you can fit to your car...
What is it? The stuff of magic on a cold winter morning. Heated seats use electricity to generate warmth that is then spread through the seat to the driver and passengers.
Why? Can prove hugely comfortable during long drives and cold mornings. Yet in a recent AA poll, over 70 per cent of respondents said they could do without it.
How? Most integrated options will need you to remove the seats and tamper with electrical wires and looms. It’s probably best to leave this job to the professionals.
Should I do it? If cold mornings aren’t for you, then it might be a worthwhile investment. However, it’s very much a luxury add-on and most could do without it.
Price? Two pairs of heated pads are priced from around £64.99, but these will require installing, which costs more.
Click below to find out about more kit that you can fit to your car...
- 1IntroductionHow easy is it to bring an ageing model bang up to date with the kind of tech fitted in showroom-fresh cars?
- 2DAB/Apple CarPlayThe Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) radio picks up signal digitally over the airwaves, resulting in less static noise through the stereo along with a wider choice of stations
- 3Cruise controlFind out about the kit that you can fit to your car.
- 4Head-up display (HUD)A transparent screen that displays essential information like speed and sat-nav directions on to the windscreen and into the driver’s eyeline, fighter pilot-style.
- 5Lane departure and collision warningCheck out our full review on kit that you can fit to your car.
- 6Reversing cameras and parking sensorsParking is never the easiest of tasks, and bumps and scratches never look good – even on an old car.
- 7Heated seats - currently readingFind out about the kit that you can fit to your car...