SEAT Ateca review - Reliability and Safety
Five-star Euro NCAP rating is as good as it gets, while raft of safety kit is available
As the Ateca shares so much of its running gear, including engines, gearboxes and other technology with other models in SEAT’s range, we can expect high levels of reliability. The parts are tried and tested in models across VW Group brands.
Thanks to a raft of safety tech and airbags the Ateca has scored a full five stars in the Euro NCAP crash tests. For adult passengers the Ateca scored 93 per cent, while for child occupants the crossover achieved 84 per cent for safety. However, for pedestrian safety the rating fell to 71 per cent. Entry-level versions include autonomous emergency braking, a tiredness recognition system and traction control, while top-spec Xcellence Lux adds high beam assist, lane assist and blind spot detection.
The Ateca has SEAT’s three-year/60,000 mile warranty, which is industry standard. You can extend the warranty to 4 years/75,000 miles for an extra £290, or 5 years/90,000 miles cover for an additional £490.
Having said that, virtually all of the Ateca’s rivals come with more comprehensive cover as standard. The Kadjar comes with a seven-year warranty, while the Kia Sportage and Hyundai Tucson both come with five-year cover.
Like with the Leon, SEAT recommends the Ateca is serviced every 10,00 miles or every 12 months – whichever comes first.
In this review
- 1SEAT Ateca reviewThe SEAT Ateca crossover delivers sharp looks, fun handling and a practical, solid cabin
- 2Engines, performance and driveGreat to drive for an SUV, with good body control and punchy engines
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsThe Ateca’s most efficient engines will keep running costs down
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Ateca looks great on the outside and has a clean, minimalist interior, although it's a bit bland in places
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceA larger boot and more passenger space than most rivals will be a big selling point
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingFive-star Euro NCAP rating is as good as it gets, while raft of safety kit is available