Volkswagen Polo 1.0 SE – cheapest cars to insure
The new VW Polo is bigger than ever before, and brings a touch of class to the small car segment
The new Volkswagen Polo weighs in at insurance group 1 in both S and SE trim, the latter being our trim of choice from the Polo range. Both spec levels are available with the 1.0-litre petrol MPI engine, however, the S can be spec’d in either 64 or 74bhp guise, while the SE is only available with the higher power output.
Behind the wheel, motorists will enjoy a host of on-board tech, including the brilliant Active Info Display. The Active Info Display (which is an option) replaces traditional dials with an 11.7-inch screen, which can show speed, sat-nav and other vital driving information.
The new Polo is based on the MQB platform, but it is longer, lower and importantly lighter than the previous model. The swelling of the proportions also means there is extra space in the boot and more legroom.
Finally, cars can be specified with ‘Sport Select’ which uses adjustable dampers to change the driving characteristics of the car when in the various modes.
Cheapest cars to insure 2019
Click the tabs on the top left of this page or the links below for full details on the cheapest cars to insure in the UK at the moment.
- 1IntroductionLooking for a car that’s cheap to insure? We’ve listed cars with the cheapest insurance group ratings on sale in the UK today
- 2Ford Ka+ 1.2The Ka+ sits below the Fiesta and owes much of its design language to its big brother, although importantly, it is cheaper to buy
- 3Hyundai i10 1.0Like some of its competition the Hyundai i10 has grown up, while still retaining its ease of driving
- 4Nissan Micra 1.0A new modern face may be on the new Micra, but the same low running costs have remained
- 5Skoda Citigo/Volkswagen up!The Skoda Citigo and Volkswagen up! are great small cars, and both undercut their Spanish sister car, the SEAT Mii, for insurance groups
- 6Volkswagen Polo 1.0 - currently readingThe new VW Polo is bigger than ever before, and brings a touch of class to the small car segment