Ford GT - world's fastest road cars
Second generation GT is designed with racing in mind, so a mega top speed comes naturally
Top speed: 216mphPrice: £320,000
Like the classic Ford GT40, the current Ford GT is designed to go racing. It's already won its class at the Le Mans 24 Hours against rivals such as Ferrari and Porsche, and the GT road car is faster than anything these two European makers currently produce.
Those dramatic lines are designed to cleave through the air, allowing the relatively modest 3.5-litre twin-turbo V6, which makes 647bhp, to push the GT on to a top speed of 216mph.
Carbon fibre construction helps keep the weight down, while advanced race-style suspension means the GT is a focused road car that feels more visceral than many of its supercar rivals.
Top 10 fastest road cars 2019
- 1IntroductionJoin the 200mph+ club, as we round up the fastest road cars on sale in 2019
- 21. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish supercar maker builds unique one-off models, and the Agera RS is officially the fastest of all
- 32. Hennessey Venom GTThe unholy alliance of a Lotus Exige and Corvette V8 creates one of the fastest cars in the world
- 43. Bugatti ChironIt's been improved over the Veyron in every area, although the Chiron's top speed has yet to be verified
- 54. W Motors Fenyr SupersportAnother obscure car maker, most famous for appearing in the Fast & Furious films
- 65. Pagani HuayraThe Huayra is like a precision timepiece with lots of hand-crafted details inside
- 76. Zenvo TS1 GTDanish supercar maker has hit the ground running with its bespoke hypercars
- 87. Noble M600British supercar maker goes back to basics to deliver phenomenal speed
- 98. Lamborghini Aventador SThe Aventador is the closest thing you'll get to a mass production car in this list
- 109. Ford GT - currently readingSecond generation GT is designed with racing in mind, so a mega top speed comes naturally
- 1110. McLaren 720SConstant evolution has resulted in the 720S, the most accessible supercar in our top 10