Kia XCeed review - Reliability and Safety
Much like the Ceed hatchback, the Kia XCeed will be reliable, safe and cheap to run
Kia’s reputation for reliability and safety means you can choose any of its models with confidence. The XCeed is packed with active safety kit, with lane-keep assist, automatic emergency braking, hill-start assist, traffic-sign recognition and cruise control all fitted as standard. Top-spec First Edition models get the full complement of systems, including active stop/go cruise control (on automatic cars) and blind-spot collision warning.
Euro NCAP is yet to test the XCeed but the closely related Ceed hatch scored a full five stars when fitted with its optional safety pack. We expect the XCeed will manage the same score.
Kia offers an industry-leading warranty on all of its cars that features seven years and 100,000 miles of coverage. Only sister company Hyundai’s unlimited-mileage five-year warranty comes close.
Kia recommends that petrol XCeed models are serviced every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first. Diesels can cover 20,000 miles before needing a service, but the same 12-month limit applies.
Kia offers a range of pre-payment plans for servicing, marketed under the Kia Care brand – these can be paid monthly and are transferable between owners. The company also offers fixed-price MoT tests.
In this review
- 1Kia XCeed reviewThe jacked-up Kia XCeed adds some extra practicality to the growing Ceed range
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe XCeed is good to drive and comfortable on long journeys, but gearboxes disappoint
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsFuel economy and emissions are good for a car of this type, but hybrid rivals are cheaper to run
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe XCeed is stylish, well-built and benefits from a great infotainment system
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceIt’s not the most practical small SUV around but the XCeed builds on what’s offered by its hatchback sibling
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingMuch like the Ceed hatchback, the Kia XCeed will be reliable, safe and cheap to run