Lamborghini Aventador S - world's fastest road cars
The Aventador is the closest thing you'll get to a mass production car in this list
Top speed: 217mphPrice: £266,985
Lamborghini’s Aventador flagship has few rivals visually, while its 6.5-litre V12 delivers an ear-splitting soundtrack, eye-popping acceleration and a 217mph top speed. The latest in a long line of V12 Lamborghinis, the aggressive styling means the Aventador has become an instant pin-up poster favourite like all its predecessors, from the classic Miura onwards.
The spec-sheet includes four-wheel drive, active aerodynamics and ceramic brakes to help scrub off all that speed before you end up in the bushes. Performance is staggering of course, but while it doesn’t quite offer the exclusivity of the hypercar crowd, there’s no doubt the Aventador offers stonking value when measuring performance by the pound.
Top 10 fastest road cars 2019
- 1IntroductionJoin the 200mph+ club, as we round up the fastest road cars on sale in 2020
- 21. Koenigsegg Agera RSSwedish supercar maker builds unique one-off models, and the Agera RS is officially the fastest of all
- 32. Hennessey Venom GTThe unholy alliance of a Lotus Exige and Corvette V8 creates one of the fastest cars in the world
- 43. Bugatti ChironIt's been improved over the Veyron in every area, although the Chiron's top speed has yet to be verified
- 54. W Motors Fenyr SupersportAnother obscure car maker, most famous for appearing in the Fast & Furious films
- 65. Pagani HuayraThe Huayra is like a precision timepiece with lots of hand-crafted details inside
- 76. Zenvo TS1 GTDanish supercar maker has hit the ground running with its bespoke hypercars
- 87. Noble M600British supercar maker goes back to basics to deliver phenomenal speed
- 98. Lamborghini Aventador S - currently readingThe Aventador is the closest thing you'll get to a mass production car in this list
- 109. Ford GTSecond generation GT is designed with racing in mind, so a mega top speed comes naturally