Caterham Seven - best performance cars
Fancy a classic British sports car experience from a brand new car? Look no further than the Caterham Seven.
The Caterham Seven is a riot to drive, in whatever spec you buy it in – largely down to its incredible handling and lightweight body. Even after 60 years of production, the Seven continues to offer a unique driving experience which provides the kind of connected sensations only the best track cars can.
The Seven’s lineage can be traced all the way back to 1957. It was originally designed by Colin Chapman, and the current models look remarkably similar to those first penned by Mr Chapman all those years ago.
While the feedback and feel of the car is excellent, the low slung body and roofless design will mean you’ll feel vulnerable at times. For motorists looking to experience the thrill of owning a Seven, without having to tame a vast amount of horsepower, the entry-level Seven 270 delivers 135bhp, with a 0-62mph time of 5.0 seconds.
Top 10 best performance cars 2020
- Porsche 911
- McLaren 570S
- Aston Martin Vantage
- Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Porsche 718 Cayman/Boxster
- Alpine A110
- Caterham Seven
- BMW M5 Competition
- Honda Civic Type R
- Ford Fiesta ST
- 1IntroductionWe run through the top ten performance cars on sale in the UK right now
- 21. Porsche 911 Mixing supercar-baiting speed with day-to-day useability, the Porsche 911 is a tour-de-force in the performance car market
- 32. McLaren 570SAll the driving thrills you'd expect - the McLaren 570S is an amazingly capable supercar.
- 43. Aston Martin VantageThe Aston Martin Vantage is a supremely capable sports car - ready and able to take on the Porsche 911.
- 54. Ferrari F8 TributoThe F8 Tributo's huge technical ability makes performance on the limit easier to reach and control.
- 65. Porsche 718 Cayman/BoxsterSwitch to four-cylinder power hasn't failed to dilute the Porsche 718 Cayman’s excellent driving experience
- 76. Alpine A110The lightweight Alpine A110 delivers a pure driving experience to go along with its quirky retro looks.
- 87. Caterham Seven - currently readingFancy a classic British sports car experience from a brand new car? Look no further than the Caterham Seven.
- 98. BMW M5 CompetitionThe BMW M5 Competition makes the best super saloon even more super
- 109. Honda Civic Type RWhile the looks are an acquired taste, there's no arguing with the Honda Civic Type R's ability
- 1110. Ford Fiesta STThe Ford Fiesta ST cements the brand’s reputation as a reliable maker of thrilling hot hatches