Paceman kicks off busy 2011
MINI's new two-door concept begins MINI's busiest year to date.
The MINI model range continues to grow at a Pace! The firm kicks off 2011 with its stunning Paceman concept which debuts at the Detroit Motor Show in January.
And thanks to the fact that it’s based on the recently launched Countryman crossover, it’s a near-certainty for production, where it will give MINI a rival for the new Range Rover Evoque.
Expect the production Paceman to feature many of the same styling cues as the concept, including the slightly tweaked grille with its thick chrome surround.
The roof has been dropped by 20mm at the front and 40mm at the back to create the dramatic sloping effect similar to that featured on the new Range Rover.
MINI has confirmed that the showroom version will sit alongside the Countryman in the range, rather than above it.
Under the bonnet, the Paceman will eventually use the most powerful engine in the current range: the 1.6-litre turbo with the full John Cooper Works tuning. This delivers 207bhp and up to 280Nm of torque to all four wheels. Lower power petrol and diesel versions would also be made available.
In this review
- 1IntroductionMINI fans will be in seventh heaven as we check out the firm’s seven new cars for 2011.
- 2Paceman kicks off busy 2011 - currently readingMINI's new two-door concept begins MINI's busiest year to date.
- 3Roadster set for production in 2011MINI Roadster takes on the TT and joins Coupe sibling as another star of 2011.
- 4Beachcomber returns as MokeMINI’s radical Beachcomber gets green light for small-scale production, revives the Moke.
- 5MINI Scooter concept set for OlympicsMINI won’t just be limited to four wheels with its new electric scooter.
- 6MINI does the DakarNew MINI joins 430 other vehicles set to take on the South American Dakar rally.
- 7MINI heads back to the WRCCountryman-based rally car set to hit the stages in 2011 with a Brit at the wheel.
- 8New MINI Coupé is ready for actionMINI Coupé set to be built in the UK at firm's Plant Oxford factory.
- 9MINI Minor gets green lightMINI looks to its past to create a new car that measures the same length as the original Minor.