Ford Approved used car scheme
Everything you need to know about the Ford Approved used scheme
There are two Ford approved used schemes available, Ford Direct and Ford Approved. The former has been around for more than two decades, but the latter was launched more recently to expand the number of cars eligible to be sold through Ford dealers. Ford Direct cars are no more than 18 months old and will have covered no more than 20,000 miles, but Ford Approved vehicles can be up to five years old and could have done 70,000 miles, though we saw one or two with just over 70,000.
Both schemes offer similar features and benefits, which means a thorough inspection along with checks on mileage and for outstanding finance. Only cars with a full main dealer service history are eligible and if a problem should crop up there’s a 30-day no-quibble exchange policy in place. To make the buying process as easy as possible, Ford also provides three days’ insurance cover.
Ford Approved: key facts
|Max age/mileage||18 months/20,000 miles (five years/70k miles Ford Approved)|
|Breakdown cover||24 months (12 months for Ford Approved)|
|Exchange policy||30 days/1,000 miles|
|Standard warranty||24 months/unlimited mileage (12 months for Ford Approved)|
|Extendable warranty||Yes, annually|
Check out the latest used car deals on our sister site BuyaCar...
- 1IntroductionWe reveal how appoved used car sales schemes work, with an A-Z of which car manufacturers offer what
- 2Alfa Romeo SelectedForYouEverything you need to know about Alfa Romeo's Selected For You approved used scheme
- 3Aston Martin Certified Pre-OwnedEverything you need to know about Aston Martin's Certified Pre-Owned approved used scheme
- 4Audi Approved UsedEverything you need to know about Audi's approved used scheme
- 5Pre-Owned BentleyEverything you need to know about the Bentley Pre-Owned approved used scheme, Certified by Bentley
- 6BMW Approved UsedEverything you need to know about BMW's approved used scheme
- 7Citroen SelectAll you need to know about the approved used cars scheme from Citroen, called Citroen Select
- 8Dacia Approved UsedEverything you need to know about Dacia's approved used scheme
- 9Ferrari Pre-OwnedEverything you need to know about the Ferrari Approved used scheme
- 10Fiat/Abarth FoundEverything you need to know about Fiat and Abarth's Found Approved and Used scheme