Mercedes C-Class - best executive cars
The latest Mercedes C-Class ticks all the boxes if you're looking for stylish compact executive car
There’s a choice of C 200, C 220 and C 300 diesels, as well as a C 180, 200 and 300 petrols, and the rapid C 43 and C 63 AMG models. It’s refined, efficient and luxurious, and while it doesn’t quite match the ride and handling of BMW’s 3 Series, it’s still a very appealing executive saloon.
At 4,686mm long and 1,810mm wide, the new C-Class is 95mm longer and 40mm wider than before. Couple this to an 80mm increase in wheelbase, which now measures 2,840mm, and the C-Class certainly has the potential to offer more cabin space.
And that’s true in part. Up front, there’s lots of room in the comfortable seats, with plenty head and legroom. The driving position is better aligned now, too, and visibility is good. There’s plenty of space in the doors and dash to store the usual onboard clutter, with all models including a media interface for connecting your smartphone to the car.
Best executive cars to buy 2019
- 1IntroductionExecutive cars might cost a little more, but the best ones add a real touch of class to your motoring experience…
- 21. BMW 3 SeriesThe new BMW 3 Series is difficult to criticise, combining superb practicality and driving engagement in a familiar package
- 32. BMW 5 SeriesLatest G30 generation of BMW's executive saloon sits at the top of the class
- 43. Mercedes C-Class - currently readingThe latest Mercedes C-Class ticks all the boxes if you're looking for stylish compact executive car
- 54. Alfa Romeo Giulia Rear-wheel drive fun, Italian styling and a great engine range help make the Alfa Romeo Giulia one of the best executive cars
- 65. Volvo S90The Volvo S90 is a worthy rival of the Mercedes E-Class, Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series
- 76. Mercedes E-ClassThe Mercedes E-Class is up there with the very best in the compact executive saloon class
- 87. Jaguar XEA facelift in 2019 keeps the Jaguar XE a highly competitive car in its segment with brilliant handling and a smart interior
- 98. Audi A6The Audi A6 has many awards and is still a popular choice in the executive car sector
- 109. Jaguar XFThe Jaguar XF is a great executive car, and a worthy rival to the BMW 5 Series and Audi A6