Audi A6 - best executive cars
The Audi A6 has many awards and is still a popular choice in the executive car sector
The latest model comes with refreshed exterior styling and an updated interior, including Audi's new MMI infotainment system. Expected to follow on from the new saloon is the rapid S6 and the mind-bogglingly quick RS6 Avant estate.
The A6 feels agile on the move thanks to its extensive use of aluminium in its structure – agility is aided further still with the optional four-wheel steering. That said, the steering can't match that of the BMW 5 Series but it remains a precise and good car to drive.
Unlike previous A6s, the ride offers more comfort, but you can expect the sportier models to firm up the ride with more aggressive suspension and larger wheels. The engine line-up includes 2.0 and 3.0 TDI diesel units with a range of power outputs and a TFSI petrol. Our pick is the A6 40 TDI, fitted with the 201bhp 2.0-litre diesel.
Best executive cars to buy 2019
- 1IntroductionExecutive cars might cost a little more, but the best ones add a real touch of class to your motoring experience…
- 21. BMW 3 SeriesThe new BMW 3 Series is difficult to criticise, combining superb practicality and driving engagement in a familiar package
- 32. BMW 5 SeriesLatest G30 generation of BMW's executive saloon sits at the top of the class
- 43. Mercedes C-ClassThe latest Mercedes C-Class ticks all the boxes if you're looking for stylish compact executive car
- 54. Alfa Romeo Giulia Rear-wheel drive fun, Italian styling and a great engine range help make the Alfa Romeo Giulia one of the best executive cars
- 65. Volvo S90The Volvo S90 is a worthy rival of the Mercedes E-Class, Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series
- 76. Mercedes E-ClassThe Mercedes E-Class is up there with the very best in the compact executive saloon class
- 87. Jaguar XEA facelift in 2019 keeps the Jaguar XE a highly competitive car in its segment with brilliant handling and a smart interior
- 98. Audi A6 - currently readingThe Audi A6 has many awards and is still a popular choice in the executive car sector
- 109. Jaguar XFThe Jaguar XF is a great executive car, and a worthy rival to the BMW 5 Series and Audi A6
- 1110. Tesla Model 3We waited years for Tesla to release the Model 3 and it didn’t disappoint