Peugeot RCZ R - best ever Peugeot Sport cars
The first Peugeot road car to be developed by Peugeot Sport since the 205 T16, the RCZ R was the ultimate incarnation of the two-door, two-seater coupé.
The first Peugeot road car to be developed by Peugeot Sport since the 205 T16, the RCZ R was the ultimate incarnation of the two-door, two-seater coupé. Its 1.6-litre turbo had an identical capacity to the standard car’s, but it was thoroughly reworked with a stronger block, unique turbo and exhaust manifolds and forged pistons.
The engine work resulted in 266bhp and 329Nm, allowing owners to get the most from the lower and stiffer chassis. This also featured a Torsen limited-slip differential, creating an involving coupé that rocked the established cars in its market with its sharp chassis and genuine sense of involvement.
Engine: 1.6-litre in-line 4cyl turboPower: 266bhp/6,000rpm Torque: 329Nm/1,900rpm Transmission: Six-speed manual, front-wheel driveWeight: 1,355kg Top speed: 155mph 0-62mph: 5.9 secsBuilt: 2013-2014
Top 10 best ever Peugeot Sport cars
- 1IntroductionOver the years, Peugeot Sport has built some truly amazing road cars - we count down our favourites
- 21. Peugeot 205 T16The original hyper-hatch and one of the most distinctive Group B World Rally Championship homologation specials, the 205 T16 is the most extreme road car Peugeot Sport has ever built, and a worthy number one.
- 32. Peugeot 205 GTiTo some, the 205 GTi is the greatest hot hatch of all time, and for many more it’s a car that’s never been bettered.
- 43. Peugeot 106 RallyeThe appeal of a great hot hatch has often been that it doesn’t rely on huge horsepower to deliver its magic, and Peugeot proved to be a master of this with its Rallye edition road cars.
- 54. Peugeot 306 RallyePeugeot mixed together everything it had learned with the 205 and 106 Rallye in order to create the 306 Rallye.
- 65. Peugeot 208 GTi 30th
- 76. Peugeot RCZ R - currently readingThe first Peugeot road car to be developed by Peugeot Sport since the 205 T16, the RCZ R was the ultimate incarnation of the two-door, two-seater coupé.
- 87. Peugeot 309 GTiPeugeot’s hot-hatch back catalogue is so rich in elecrifying product, it feels criminal that the 309 GTi finds itself in seventh spot.
- 98. Peugeot 308 GTiIt doesn’t take long to appreciate the sharp chassis and responsive steering of the latest hot hatch to wear Peugeot’s famed GTi badge.
- 109. Peugeot 205 RallyeThe original Peugeot Rallye was initially available only as a left-hand-drive model and powered by a 1,294cc 102bhp four-cylinder
- 1110 Peugeot 405 Mi16Although it’s neither a hot hatch nor a GTi, the Peugeot 405 Mi16 is still more than worthy of its place in our Peugeot Sport road car top 10