Range Rover Evoque vs rivals
Is the new Evoque a genuine Range Rover? And how does it fare against premium rivals? We reveal all...
Car group tests
- New Range Rover Evoque PHEV 2020 review
- New Range Rover Evoque D180 2019 review
- New Range Rover Evoque 2019 review
- New Range Rover Evoque ride review
- New Range Rover Evoque prototype off-road review
Used car tests
It doesn’t take long to realise that the Evoque really does live up to the hype. No other model we’ve tested this year has attracted as much attention and praise. Yet the really good news is that the baby Range Rover is so much more than a pretty face. The cabin is as luxurious and classy as you’d expect from the brand, while the mix of on-road agility and off-road ability is simply unrivalled. In its encounter with its big brother, the newcomer proved it’s not a watered-down Range Rover, but a worthy and welcome addition to the premium marque’s price lists – and one that deserves to wear the famous bonnet badge. Equally impressively, it takes the win over the desirable Audi. Not only does it attract more attention than the Sportback, it’s just as good to drive, better equipped and more practical, with even greater all-weather ability. The Evoque isn’t perfect. Economy is woeful, and there’s no denying that the range-toppers are pricey. But this is unlikely to stop buyers clamouring for the most desirable car of 2011.
In this review
- 1Introduction - currently readingIs the new Evoque a genuine Range Rover? And how does it fare against premium rivals? We reveal all...
- 2Range Rover Evoque vs Range RoverWe see if Range Rover's newcomer is a worthy addition to the family
- 3Range Rover Evoque vs Audi A5 SportbackDoes the luxurious compact SUV have the edge over the stylish five-door Audi A5 Sportback?
- 4Facts and figures