Range Rover Evoque review - Reliability and safety
The Evoque has plenty of active on-board safety kit and a full five-star rating from Euro NCAP
The Evoque was tested by Euro NCAP in 2019 and achieved a maximum five-star overall rating, with 94% adult occupant and 87% child occupant scores.
All models come as standard with a rear camera, front and rear parking assistance, lane-keep assist, automatic emergency braking (AEB), a driver condition monitor and cruise control with a speed limiter.
Safety kit includes an intrusion sensor, child locks, six airbags and a deployable bonnet with pedestrian airbag. S models add traffic sign recognition with an adaptive speed limiter, SE models get a standard ‘Park Pack’ (park assist, 360-degree camera, rear traffic monitor, clear exit monitor), while HSE models add Land Rover’s Drive Pack (blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control, high-speed emergency braking).
The Evoque didn't feature in our 2020 Driver Power customer satisfaction survey, but the previous model finished 42nd out of 75 cars surveyed. Land Rover itself placed 25th out of 30 manufacturers.
The Evoque is subject to the same competitive warranty as other Land Rover products: three years with unlimited mileage. This is the same as you get with the Jaguar E-Pace or BMW X2, but beats the standard three-year/60,000-mile warranties from Audi and Lexus.
The Evoque should be serviced annually or every 10,000 miles. Land Rover includes a two-year parts warranty on all its servicing and maintenance work, while it also offers its Land Rover 3+ Servicing for vehicles over 3-years old.
In this review
- 1Range Rover Evoque reviewThe Range Rover Evoque offers great levels of luxury, technology and – perhaps most importantly – style
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe Evoque is comfortable and refined, but not the most thrilling car in its class
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsPlug-in hybrid tech joins the petrol and diesel Evoque lineup
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Evoque looks great, has a luxurious interior and boasts great tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe Evoque is more practical than before, but it’s still a bit cramped in the rear
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingThe Evoque has plenty of active on-board safety kit and a full five-star rating from Euro NCAP