Porsche Macan review - Reliability and safety
Porsche offers reassuring levels of reliability and safety with the Macan SUV
The Macan is loosely based on the Audi Q5, which is a relatively reliable 4x4. With Porsche’s solid dependability, the Macan shouldn’t give you many ownership headaches. If it does, there is a large network of dealers in the UK so they should be able to sort out any issues – at a price of course.
Customers certainly seem to be impressed with the German manufacturer - Porsche came top in our 2021 Driver Power satisfaction survey, winning six out of the 10 categories our brands are judged on.
The Macan performs well when it comes to safety, too. It’s one of only three Porsche models on the market to have been crash tested by Euro NCAP, alongside the Cayenne and Taycan, and was given a full five-star rating. The car is equipped with ESP and front collision warning sensors as standard, as well as a lane departure warning. There’s also a rear side airbag option to further improve safety.
As with all Porsches, the Macan comes as standard with a three-year 60,000-mile warranty.
Porsche offers its 'My Porsche' digital system to configure and manage your servicing, appointments and to stay informed about any relevant information. It also provides service reminders, safety updates and even notifications concerning Porsche events.
In this review
- 1Porsche Macan review The Porsche Macan has many premium SUV rivals, but none can match it for driver appeal
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe Macan is probably the best-handling SUV on the road
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsThe Macan four-cylinder turbo petrol engine offers the lowest running costs
- 4Interior, design and technologyWith a sporty exterior and a quality cabin, the stylish Macan is undoubtedly a Porsche
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThere's decent space inside for a Porsche, but the Macan's rival SUVs are roomier
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingPorsche offers reassuring levels of reliability and safety with the Macan SUV
- 7Used and nearly newConsidering a Porsche Macan? Read our complete buyer’s guide, covering the Macan Mk1 (2014-date)