Peugeot GTi: best ever Peugeot Sport cars
Over the years, Peugeot Sport has built some truly amazing road cars - we count down our favourites
Peugeot Sport’s illustrious history dates back 35 years, with its wide-ranging success covering everything from rallying to Le Mans. But all the tech and expertise also filters down into its finely tuned road cars.
Peugeot’s fast road cars have something of a cult following – both in the UK and worldwide. And while we all have our favourites, which models are widely considered the best of all-time?
In this list, we count down the top 10 best fast Peugeots, including a slew of famous GTi models like the 205 GTi and 308 GTi, to stripped out Rallye models and even the sleex and sexy Peugeot RCZ R coupe.
We’ve got the stats, facts and figures, as well as expert insight on each model. But what takes the crown? Use the tabs on the left, or the list at the bottom to find out!
Top 10 best ever Peugeot Sport cars
- 1. Peugeot 205 T16
- 2. Peugeot 205 GTi
- 3. Peugeot 106 Rallye
- 4. Peugeot 306 Rallye
- 5. Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport
- 6. Peugeot RCZ R
- 7. Peugeot 309 GTi
- 8. Peugeot 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport
- 9. Peugeot 205 Rallye
- 10. Peugeot 405 Mi16
Have you owned or driven any of these fast Peugeots? Let us know in the comments section below!
Peugeot Sport: from race to road
Our special guide to the past, present and future of Peugeot Sport...
- 1Introduction - currently readingOver the years, Peugeot Sport has built some truly amazing road cars - we count down our favourites
- 21. Peugeot 205 T16The original hyper-hatch and one of the most distinctive Group B World Rally Championship homologation specials, the 205 T16 is the most extreme road car Peugeot Sport has ever built, and a worthy number one.
- 32. Peugeot 205 GTiTo some, the 205 GTi is the greatest hot hatch of all time, and for many more it’s a car that’s never been bettered.
- 43. Peugeot 106 RallyeThe appeal of a great hot hatch has often been that it doesn’t rely on huge horsepower to deliver its magic, and Peugeot proved to be a master of this with its Rallye edition road cars.
- 54. Peugeot 306 RallyePeugeot mixed together everything it had learned with the 205 and 106 Rallye in order to create the 306 Rallye.
- 65. Peugeot 208 GTi 30th
- 76. Peugeot RCZ RThe first Peugeot road car to be developed by Peugeot Sport since the 205 T16, the RCZ R was the ultimate incarnation of the two-door, two-seater coupé.
- 87. Peugeot 309 GTiPeugeot’s hot-hatch back catalogue is so rich in elecrifying product, it feels criminal that the 309 GTi finds itself in seventh spot.
- 98. Peugeot 308 GTiIt doesn’t take long to appreciate the sharp chassis and responsive steering of the latest hot hatch to wear Peugeot’s famed GTi badge.
- 109. Peugeot 205 RallyeThe original Peugeot Rallye was initially available only as a left-hand-drive model and powered by a 1,294cc 102bhp four-cylinder
- 1110 Peugeot 405 Mi16Although it’s neither a hot hatch nor a GTi, the Peugeot 405 Mi16 is still more than worthy of its place in our Peugeot Sport road car top 10