Peugeot 208 GTi 30th - best ever Peugeot Sport cars
It was fitting that the 205 GTi’s 30th anniversary was celebrated with a superb limited-edition hot hatch: the 30th Anniversary by Peugeot Sport. When those 100 limited-edition examples were all sold, today’s GTi by Peugeot Sport was born.
Unlocking the talent hidden within the regular 208 GTi, the GTi by Peugeot Sport takes the concept to an entirely different level. More power and torque, shorter gear ratios, a stiffer and lower chassis, stickier Michelin Super Sport tyres, larger Brembo brakes... It’s little wonder that the GTi by Peugeot Sport is an altogether sharper and more aggressive hot hatchback than the car on which it’s based.
Engine: 1.6-litre in-line 4cyl turboPower: 208bhp/6,000rpm Torque: 300Nm/3,000rpm Transmission: Six-speed manual, front-wheel driveWeight: 1,650kg Top speed: 143mph 0-62mph: 6.5 secsBuilt: 2015 to date
Top 10 best ever Peugeot Sport cars
- 1IntroductionOver the years, Peugeot Sport has built some truly amazing road cars - we count down our favourites
- 21. Peugeot 205 T16The original hyper-hatch and one of the most distinctive Group B World Rally Championship homologation specials, the 205 T16 is the most extreme road car Peugeot Sport has ever built, and a worthy number one.
- 32. Peugeot 205 GTiTo some, the 205 GTi is the greatest hot hatch of all time, and for many more it’s a car that’s never been bettered.
- 43. Peugeot 106 RallyeThe appeal of a great hot hatch has often been that it doesn’t rely on huge horsepower to deliver its magic, and Peugeot proved to be a master of this with its Rallye edition road cars.
- 54. Peugeot 306 RallyePeugeot mixed together everything it had learned with the 205 and 106 Rallye in order to create the 306 Rallye.
- 65. Peugeot 208 GTi 30th - currently reading
- 76. Peugeot RCZ RThe first Peugeot road car to be developed by Peugeot Sport since the 205 T16, the RCZ R was the ultimate incarnation of the two-door, two-seater coupé.
- 87. Peugeot 309 GTiPeugeot’s hot-hatch back catalogue is so rich in elecrifying product, it feels criminal that the 309 GTi finds itself in seventh spot.
- 98. Peugeot 308 GTiIt doesn’t take long to appreciate the sharp chassis and responsive steering of the latest hot hatch to wear Peugeot’s famed GTi badge.
- 109. Peugeot 205 RallyeThe original Peugeot Rallye was initially available only as a left-hand-drive model and powered by a 1,294cc 102bhp four-cylinder