Audi A6 Avant - Best estate cars
Audi's A6 mixes premium luxury with serious load-lugging capability
The Audi A6 Avant is a masterclass in fine packaging, offering a luxurious cabin and the latest technology, all wrapped up in a sleek and sophisticated exterior.
The A6 Avant has been designed to cover long distances in a quiet and sophisticated manner, and probably isn't the first choice for buyers in search of keen dynamics. For that, the BMW 5 Series Touring should remain the prefered choice, although the gap is narrower than before.
The 2.0-litre 40 TDI version is a terrific all-rounder, while the 3.0-litre V6 50 TDI is the choice for crossing continents. Overall, there’s much to like and not a lot to dislike about the A6 Avant, which is why we think it’s the most complete Audi estate ever built. Still want that SUV?
- 1IntroductionA good estate car delivers practicality, space and low running costs - here are the 10 best estates on sale in the UK today
- 21. Skoda Octavia EstateThe Octavia is based on a Golf platform, but it's far larger and more versatile than its sibling, especially in Estate guise
- 32. BMW 5 Series TouringThe 5 Series Touring adds versatility to the latest model's hi-tech construction and kit
- 43. Toyota Corolla Touring SportsThe Toyota Corolla Touring Sports is an extremely competent package, with efficient engines and great residuals.
- 54. Mercedes E-Class EstateThe E-Class Estate leads the way for boot space in the executive class
- 65. Skoda Superb EstateThe Superb Estate is even more versatile than the hatchback on which it's based
- 76. Audi A6 Avant - currently readingAudi's A6 mixes premium luxury with serious load-lugging capability
- 87. Volvo V90The V90 returns the Swedish maker to the front of the upmarket estate car pack
- 98. Ford Focus EstateThe Ford Focus Estate delivers a fun-driving and family-friendly option at a sensible price
- 109. Peugeot 508 SWThe versatile Peugeot 508 SW offers flexible and spacious practicality with a premium-feel interior
- 1110. VW Passat EstateUpmarket design and plenty of hi-tech kit mark out this perennial family estate