Peugeot 508 SW - Best estate cars
The versatile Peugeot 508 SW offers flexible and spacious practicality with a premium-feel interior
The Peugeot 508 SW ticks both the driving and practicality boxes, although still offers plenty of style and flair for all the family.
It isn’t the biggest estate car on the market, but the latest Peugeot 508 SW is still a fantastically usable family model. It’s a safe and predictable car to drive, yet a strong equipment list and low running costs count in this model’s favour. Peugeot has also added a plug-in hybrid option to the range, bringing lower emissions and improved fuel economy.
The 508 isn’t as sharp to drive as a BMW 3 Series Touring, but its predictable, neutral balance means it’s easy and relaxing to pilot. It’s quiet at a cruise, with the fantastic eight-speed auto and entry-level diesel proving an excellent combination on the motorway.
- 1IntroductionA good estate car delivers practicality, space and low running costs - here are the 10 best estates on sale in the UK today
- 2Skoda Octavia EstateThe Octavia is based on a Golf platform, but it's far larger and more versatile than its sibling, especially in Estate guise
- 3BMW 5 Series TouringThe 5 Series Touring adds versatility to the latest model's hi-tech construction and kit
- 4Toyota Corolla Touring SportsThe Toyota Corolla Touring Sports is an extremely competent package, with efficient engines and great residuals.
- 5Mercedes E-Class EstateThe E-Class Estate leads the way for boot space in the executive class
- 6Skoda Superb EstateThe Superb Estate is even more versatile than the hatchback on which it's based
- 7Audi A6 AvantAudi's A6 mixes premium luxury with serious load-lugging capability
- 8Volvo V90The V90 returns the Swedish maker to the front of the upmarket estate car pack
- 9Ford Focus EstateThe Ford Focus Estate delivers a fun-driving and family-friendly option at a sensible price
- 10Peugeot 508 SW - currently readingThe versatile Peugeot 508 SW offers flexible and spacious practicality with a premium-feel interior
- 11VW Passat EstateUpmarket design and plenty of hi-tech kit mark out this perennial family estate