BEST COUPE: Audi TT
Style, performance and affordability. These are the cornerstones of any top-selling coupé, and attributes that the TT has in spades.
Audi’s first-generation model put the firm’s design studio firmly on the map, and the latest version is even more impressive. Evolving the looks of the original, its sleek image and more practical interior have proven to be a big hit – and offer an unrivalled coupé package.
Inside is one of Audi’s finest cabins. While the old flat panel dashboard will be missed by some TT fans, a huge improvement in ergonomic quality and functionality is good news for the stylish two-door.
But the biggest change is out on the road. Last year, we heaped praise on the way the TT drives – and it’s now even better with the launch of the amazing S version. Proving once and for all that the TT is a true rival to the Porsche Boxster, the new flagship model has the performance, handling and fun factor of a truly great sports car.
What’s more, the line-up is available to a wide range of budgets. Basic 2.0-litre models start at £25,210, while a 168bhp 2.0-litre diesel version is also on offer for £26,350. The sporty TTS is priced at £33,390, while those wanting more relaxed performance delivery can opt for the V6 variant, which weighs in at £30,040. Few coupés offer such strength in depth.
Commended: BMW 3-Series Coupe
In this review
- 1IntroductionThe best new cars on sale in the UK over the last 12 months are revealed.
- 2Car of the YearJaguar XF
- 3Best Design of the YearAlfa Romeo 8C Competizione
- 4Best ConvertibleMazda MX-5 RC
- 5Best Coupe - currently readingAudi TT
- 6Best Sporting CarNissan GT-R
- 7Best Hot HatchMINI John Cooper Works
- 8Best MPVFord S-Max
- 9Best Estate CarFord Mondeo
- 10Best Premium SUVLand Rover Discovery