Nissan Juke review - MPG, CO2 and running costs
The Juke offers decent economy and is relatively cheap to insure, although average CO2 emissions will count against it
The Nissan Juke is available with just one engine – a 1.0-litre three-cylinder with 115bhp. Emissions and fuel economy are largely dictated by gearbox type and wheel size; Nissan quotes 45.6–47.9mpg for the manual and 44.1–46.3mpg for the seven-speed dual-clutch automatic, while CO2 starts from 135g/km, with the manual the marginally cleaner option.
All models get stop/start as standard, as well as an Eco drive mode that helps save fuel – but you’ll notice a drop in performance as a result.
The Juke is unlikely to break the bank in the insurance stakes; the car occupies groups 13 and 14 (out of 50). Insurance will be more expensive when larger engines are added to the range, however. Its Skoda Kamiq rival sits in groups 11 to 17 depending on engine choice.
Our experts predict that the Juke will retain around 47 to 50% of its value after 36 months and 36,000 miles come trade-in time. By contrast, the closely related Renault Captur is expected to hold on to around 46% over the same period.
In this review
- 1Nissan Juke reviewThe Nissan Juke is a vastly improved crossover, but it can’t rival the best cars in the fiercely competitive small SUV class
- 2Engines, performance and driveNissan’s engineers have tuned the Juke for UK roads, but the engine and gearbox lag behind the best in this class
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running Costs - currently readingThe Juke offers decent economy and is relatively cheap to insure, although average CO2 emissions will count against it
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Nissan Juke’s interior is vastly improved, but it doesn’t feel as solidly built as rivals’. At least connectivity is good
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceMuch more practical than before, the new Nissan Juke should offer all the space a small family might need
- 6Reliability and SafetyThe Juke is very safe, while the old car’s peerless reliability record bodes well