Peugeot 308 Hybrid
World's first diesel-electric hybrid is just a year away.
It’s been almost two years since we saw the 308 Hybride concept at Frankfurt in 2007, but the world’s first diesel-electric hybrid is well on the way to production. Our sources have revealed a late 2010 unveil is on the cards, with the eco-hatch hitting showrooms a year after that.
As demonstrated on the Prologue concept in Paris last year, the all-wheel drive powertrain will feature a 1.6-litre HDi engine to turn the front wheels and an electric motor to turn the rears. The result is a 35 per cent improvement in fuel economy over a 2.0-HDi unit with similar reserves of power.
In this review
- 1IntroductionFollowing the Government's proposals to offer drivers up to £5,000 off their first electric and hybrid car from 2011, we round up the greenest models money can buy...
- 2Peugeot 308 Hybrid - currently readingWorld's first diesel-electric hybrid is just a year away.
- 3Mitsubishi i-MiEVAll electric version of Mitusbishi's city-car will come the UK in limited numbers this year.
- 4BMW IsettaBMW's legendary Isetta is on the way to rival the innovative Toyota IQ.
- 5Toyota PriusThe established hybrid champion has a plug-in version on the way.
- 6Vauxhall AmperaGM's revolutionary plug-in hybrid technology is showing other manufacturers the way.
- 7Fisker KarmaMighty hybrid Aston Martin Rapide rival could cost as little as £40,000
- 8Lightning GTGorgeous British sports coupe is mean and very green
- 9VW up!The future of VW starts here with this desirable, low emission city car
- 10MINI SpiritCompact eco city car promises to take the MINI back to its roots
- 11Tesla Model SStunning electric sports saloon could finally bring Tesla into the mainstream
- 12TATA Nano EVIndian city car set to go even greener with plug-in electric version
- 13Honda CR-ZHonda proves hybrids can be sporty too, with the CR-Z coupe.