Best Jaguars: the marques all-time greats
The coolest cats of all-time go head-to-head in a unique shoot-out!
It's one of the best loved marques in motoring – and with the arrival of the new XJ, Jaguar is ready to take on the world again!
So what better time to look back at some of the models that made the legendary company such a force to be reckoned with? Over the next 24 pages of this special collectors’ supplement, we’ve driven the most significant cars in the firm’s history in a never to be repeated test special.
From the MkI Saloon to the E-Type and the XJ13 to the XJ220, they’re all here, as we put them through their paces to compile our Greatest Jaguars ranking on Page 24. It’s the most thrilling group of big cats ever – but there can be only one winner...
In this review
- 1Introduction - currently readingThe coolest cats of all-time go head-to-head in a unique shoot-out!
- 2Jaguar XJ (new)Built: 2009 on, number sold: not on sale yet, cool cat factor: wait and see!
- 3Jaguar XKBuilt between: 2006 to date, number sold: 124,382 to date, cool cat rating: 3/5
- 4Jaguar XFBuilt: 2009 to date, number sold: 56,149 to date, cool cat rating: 4/5
- 5Jaguar X-TypeBuilt between: 2001 to date, number sold: 360,405 to date, cool cat rating: 2/5
- 6Jaguar XJ (X350)Built: 2003-09, number sold: 295,365 to date, cool cat rating: 3/5
- 7Jaguar XK8Built between: 1996-2004, number sold: 84,958, cool cat rating: 3/5
- 8Jaguar XJ (X300)Built between: 1994-1997, number sold: 92,038, cool cat rating: 3/5
- 9Jaguar XJ220Built between: 1992-94, number sold: 277, cool cat rating: 4/5
- 10Jaguar XJ (XJ40)Built between: 1986-1994, number sold: 208,000, cool cat rating: 3/5