Jaguar F-Pace review - Reliability and safety
Jaguar scores well for safety, but customer feedback highlights reliability issues
With six airbags, lane departure warning and auto braking including pedestrian detection as standard, the Jag matches its rivals for safety kit. And because the F-Pace was awarded a full five-star Euro NCAP safety rating in 2017, it should offer similar protection.
In addition to its tough SUV body, all F-Pace models get Emergency Brake Assist and Autonomous Emergency Braking. The latter can detect pedestrians – first providing a warning before automatically applying the brakes to prevent impact. Cruise control with a speed limiter is also available, as is lane departure warning.
As an ownership proposition, the Jaguar F-Pace didn't feature in our 2021 Driver Power customer satisfaction survey, but Jaguar placed 7th out of 29 manufacturers - well ahead of Audi, BMW and Mercedes.
As with many premium rivals, the Jaguar F-Pace comes with a three-year, unlimited mileage warranty. With every new car you also benefit from three years roadside assistance, which will prove handy if anything does go wrong. Jaguar also offers owners the option to extend the car's warranty by a year or two for an additional cost, and this can also include MoT insurance to ensure the car passes its first test.
BMW offers an identical warranty, though Audi’s guarantee is limited to 60,000 miles.
Jaguar offers a range of options to make paying for servicing costs a little easier. You can either pay nothing on the day and spread payments over a month, or select a 3, 6, or 9 month payment spread plan.
In this review
- 1Jaguar F-Pace reviewWith new on-board tech and hybrid power, the Jaguar F-Pace is still a front runner in the upmarket SUV class
- 2Engines, performance and driveFew SUVs are as fun or capable as the Jaguar F-Pace, and it's nearly as sweet to drive as the Porsche Macan
- 3MPG, CO2 and Running CostsThe diesel models return decent fuel economy, but the real efficiency champion is the petrol plug-in hybrid
- 4Interior, design and technologyThe Jaguar F-Pace offers a fresh exterior look, with a revamped cabin and the latest on-board tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe F-Pace rivals cars like the Porsche Macan and BMW X3, but trumps them both for boot space and rear-seat practicality
- 6Reliability and Safety - currently readingJaguar scores well for safety, but customer feedback highlights reliability issues
- 7Deals and offersThe latest finance deals and special offers on the Jaguar F-Pace SUV
- 8Used and nearly newOur Jaguar F-Pace used buyer's guide, covering all models from 2016 on