Audi car configurator: the £100k Audi Q7
If you go mad with the price list of the new Audi Q7, it could land you with a bill of more than £100,000.
Entry-level car: Q7 SE 3.0 TDI 218PSThe car we built: Q7 S line 3.0 TDI 272PS
Key options:• Matrix LED headlights - £950• Tow bar, electrically folding with trailer assist - £1,300• Electric panoramic glass sunroof - £1,700
Yes you read that right. If you go mad with the price list of the new Audi Q7, it could land you with a bill of more than £100,000. Along with the retina-searing Solar Orange paint from Audi’s Exclusive range (at £2,155), this particular model was built with the £2,655 Dynamic Pack, £6,000 Full Leather Package and the £6,300 Bang and Olufsen 3D Sound stereo system, along with countless accessories.
We’d also like to point out that Audi’s insane accessories list includes a whole list of 'Children's World' accessories, including an Audi-branded plush toy shaped like a steering wheel and a £51 fleece blanket.
Our crazy car configurator builds:
• £29k Nissan Juke • £38k MINI Clubman • £39k Vauxhall Cascada • £42k BMW 3 Series 3cyl • £47k Volvo V40 Cross Country • £53k Volkswagen Passat Estate • £54k Mercedes-AMG A 45 • £71k Range Rover Evoque • £100k Audi Q7 • £130k Porsche 911 Carrera S
We built a £100k Q7 using Audi’s UK configurator – do you think you could do better? Have a go yourself right here!
- 1IntroductionWe have fun with online car configurators, including those of Audi, BMW, Nissan and more, to see just how expensive certain models can get
- 2£29k Nissan JukeNissan’s Juke crossover can usually be seen as good value.
- 3£38k MINI ClubmanThe funky MINI Clubman is an acquired taste due to its estate-like shape and six-door layout.
- 4£39k Vauxhall CascadaVauxhall is usually known as a value brand but things can get costly quickly when you add a lot of trimmings to the Vauxhall Cascada convertible.
- 5£42k 3cyl BMW 3 SeriesThis one is a little different to the rest of the cars on this list.
- 6£47k Volvo V40 Cross CountryIf you’ve got £47,000 hanging around in your back pocket you could go all out on the jacked-up version of Volvo’s premium hatch.
- 7£53k Volkswagen Passat EstateAlong with quite possibly the longest car name on sale right now, you could easily push a Volkswagen Passat Estate upwards of £50,000.
- 8£54k Mercedes-AMG A 45It’s already an expensive car as it is, coming in at a smidge under £40,000, but adding a wealth of driver aids, performance packs and a rather tasty looking grey paint finish means that you can have a hot hatch that will drain your wallet faster than the A 45’s 4.2-second 0-62mph time
- 9£71k RR Evoque
- 10£100k Audi Q7 - currently reading If you go mad with the price list of the new Audi Q7, it could land you with a bill of more than £100,000.
- 11£130k Porsche 911 Carrera SSimilar to the BMW, we didn’t go all out on the range-topper with the 911 – instead we chose the sweet spot in the range.