Kia EV6 review - Reliability and safety
Packed with safety kit, the EV6 is a great family car, while Kia's seven-year warranty cover provides extra peace of mind
With its E-GMP underpinnings set to be used across a range of new all-electric Kia models over the next few years, the EV6 should prove to be a reliable car. Customer feedback in our 2021 Driver Power survey was particularly positive about Kia as a manufacturer (voted into 2nd place out of 29 brands), where reliability and build quality were highlighted as being strong points across its model ranges.
Euro NCAP hasn’t yet crash-tested the EV6, but with the Hyundai Ioniq 5 achieving a top five-star rating, and the EV6 featuring lots of safety kit as standard, there shouldn’t be any cause for concern.
Along with smart cruise control and a rear view camera, Kia’s family EV includes a host of active safety systems: Forward Collision Avoidance Assist uses a front radar to monitor for possible hazards such as pedestrians, cyclists or other cars, before providing a warning and then automatically applying the brakes to help avoid or mitigate a potential collision. There are also systems designed to help keep you in your lane and tech that will sound a warning if it detects any loss of attention or driver fatigue.
The Kia EV6 has a seven year/100,000-mile warranty, plus three years of roadside assistance.
Kia offers interest-free instalment plans for servicing costs. You pay 25 per cent up front, with zero per cent interest on the remaining balance for 3 months.
In this review
- 1Kia EV6 reviewEfficient, practical and offering a sporty drive, the Kia EV6 is a superb, all-electric family car
- 2Engines, performance and driveThe EV6 offers a decent driving experience, with plenty of straight line speed
- 3Range, charging and running costsFamily buyers that are looking for lower running costs will be impressed with the EV6’s range and overall efficiency
- 4Interior, design and technologyKia continues to push its models more upmarket, with the EV6 offering a quality cabin and the latest on-board tech
- 5Practicality, comfort and boot spaceThe EV6 is full of useful practical touches, but rivals offer more interior space
- 6Reliability and safety - currently readingPacked with safety kit, the EV6 is a great family car, while Kia's seven-year warranty cover provides extra peace of mind