Ford Focus Estate - Best estate cars
The Ford Focus Estate delivers a fun-driving and family-friendly option at a sensible price
The Ford Focus Estate model is here to remind us that the original family-friendly format still has a lot to offer. More handsome and stylish than before, with flowing lines that are far from boxy, the Focus Estate combines practical load-lugging ability with a fun-to-drive factor you’ll struggle to find in a top-heavy compact SUV or MPV.
With solid build quality, efficient mild-hybrid engines and gearbox options plus trim levels to suit every pocket, it’s only the fickle finger of fashion that stands between the Focus Estate and soaring sales.
Entry-level Zetec models feature a good level of standard equipment, including a 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, air conditioning, cruise control with a speed limiter, a heated front screen and LED daytime running lights.
With the rear seats in use you get a massive 728-litres of load area, which compares well to just 443 litres in the hatch. Fold the rear seats down and you’re rewarded with a flat 1,620 litres of load space.
- 1IntroductionA good estate car delivers practicality, space and low running costs - here are the 10 best estates on sale in the UK today
- 21. Skoda Octavia EstateThe Octavia is based on a Golf platform, but it's far larger and more versatile than its sibling, especially in Estate guise
- 32. BMW 5 Series TouringThe 5 Series Touring adds versatility to the latest model's hi-tech construction and kit
- 43. Toyota Corolla Touring SportsThe Toyota Corolla Touring Sports is an extremely competent package, with efficient engines and great residuals.
- 54. Mercedes E-Class EstateThe E-Class Estate leads the way for boot space in the executive class
- 65. Skoda Superb EstateThe Superb Estate is even more versatile than the hatchback on which it's based
- 76. Audi A6 AvantAudi's A6 mixes premium luxury with serious load-lugging capability
- 87. Volvo V90The V90 returns the Swedish maker to the front of the upmarket estate car pack
- 98. Ford Focus Estate - currently readingThe Ford Focus Estate delivers a fun-driving and family-friendly option at a sensible price
- 109. Peugeot 508 SWThe versatile Peugeot 508 SW offers flexible and spacious practicality with a premium-feel interior
- 1110. VW Passat EstateUpmarket design and plenty of hi-tech kit mark out this perennial family estate