Renault Zoe - Best electric cars
The Renault Zoe is one of the cheapest EVs but also one of the best
- Price: £26,495-£29,995
- Range: 238-245 miles
- Charging time: 8h 33 min (7kW wallbox), 1h 5 min (0-80%, 50kW)
- Rating: 4.5/5
The Zoe starts from around £26,500 after the government’s Plug-in Car Grant which makes it one of the cheapest fully-electric cars you can buy.
The Zoe shapes up as one of the most convincing small electric cars you can buy. It combines a practical supermini body with a maximum range that outguns key rivals, all for an affordable price.
Inside, the most recent update to the Zoe has seen the infotainment system from the latest Clio supermini added, so there’s a sense of familiarity and quality to the EV’s interior. Equipment levels are good, while the line-up is broad for an electric model, with three trim levels for buyers to choose from. The Zoe’s 52kWh battery means that, depending on spec, a maximum range of 245 miles on a single charge is claimed. That’s a figure the likes of the Mini Electric and Peugeot e-208 can only dream of achieving.
The standard Zoe R110 claims a 245-mile range, while the more powerful R135 stands at five less, and Renault quotes real-world ranges of 233 miles in the summer and 149 miles in the winter. CCS charging is an option on the R135, too, meaning a 0-80 per cent charge in 45 minutes.
Best electric cars to buy 2020
- 1IntroductionThere are more electric cars than ever to choose from so we've picked the top 10 best electric cars you can buy in the UK now
- 21. Tesla Model 3We've waited a long time for the Tesla Model 3 and find it's in a class of its own
- 32. Kia e-NiroKia’s electric SUV offers a big electric range at an affordable price point
- 43. Jaguar I-PaceGame-changing SUV puts Jaguar at the front of the premium EV pack
- 54. Kia Soul EVFunky looking Kia Soul EV injects a bit of quirkiness to electric car market
- 65. Hyundai Kona ElectricHyundai Kona makes use of battery sharing to create oen of the best EVs on the market
- 76. Renault Zoe - currently readingThe Renault Zoe is one of the cheapest EVs but also one of the best
- 87. Polestar 2Polestar's second electric car aims to take the fight to the Tesla Model 3
- 98. Tesla Model STesla's Model S shows little signs of ageing with outstanding range and practicality
- 109. Peugeot e-208The Peugeot e-208 brings electric sophistication to the supermini segment
- 1110. Mercedes EQCFirst Mercedes in EQ line up is the EQC and it sets a good precedent